Here’s our monthly post of all things The Adoption Social…
Another busy month here at The Adoption Social with new posts going live every weekday. Yes, we really do publish NEW content every week day (we take the weekends off to be with our families).
We have a general timetable for types of post:
Monday – The Things We Do/From The Archives linky or Handy Tips and Advice
Tuesday – The Blog
Wednesday – Meet The Blogger
Thursday – The Review or A Problem Shared
Friday – The Weekly Adoption Shout Out and sometimes our Top 3 or The Adoption Social Times
If you like reading a certain type of post, then do be sure to come back each week on the same day to read more like it.
#WASO remains as popular as ever, with many linking up, and many reading too. If you read, don’t forget to comment and share your favourites.
Forthcoming themes for April are:
4 April – Freedom 18 April – Professional support
This month I’ve (Vicki) edited the Britmums Adoption and Fostering Round-Up. Take a look here, many of our regular contributors are included. We really want to include as many good adoption and fostering blogs as possible, and we’re really lucky that we get to read lots of them already. But if you know of any other great blogs that we haven’t included then do let us know at email@example.com
Last year both Sarah and I (supported by The Open Nest) attended this massive two day conference for parent bloggers – just a week after The Adoption Social launched. This year, we’re doing it again! We’re looking forward to getting together, meeting other bloggers, developing our blogging skills and passing it all on to you too (oh and of course, there’s the goody bag too). If you’re coming along and we don’t already know about it – let us know, perhaps we could arrange a meet-up?
We do indeed have some exciting news, but we can’t quite share it all with you just yet. The bit I think we can say is that we’re hoping to arrange an Adoption Social family social – in a safe space with trained, experienced support, in August. If you’d be interested in this, please let us know so we can get a feel for numbers.
The other exciting news…well, you’ll just have to keep checking back for a little announcement soon!
And finally, here are a few of the posts we’ve published on The Adoption Social this month:
– An interesting anonymous post on feeling Second Best as a parent, this anonymous poster wanted the view of adoptees.
– We’ve met Mr Adoption Journey Blog, On the road of adoption, Suddenly Mummy and 3 Bees and a Honey in our popular Meet The Blogger Series.
– Following National LGBT Adoption Week, we published a quick round-up of some LGBT adoption bloggers.
– A great post from Gareth Marr on Pupil Premium Plus. We’re really looking forward to a follow-up. What did you think?
– Something a bit different – a review and suggestions of music for in the car. Are your favourites on the list?
– Sarah and Vicki were both featured in a book some time ago, here they share their contributions to that book – each in 100 words.
If you have any posts that you’d like to contribute, then please do send them into us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re particularly looking for general posts for ‘The Blog’ – you can write whatever you’d like in this section. We also love hearing your feedback, so do get in touch.