The Adoption Social Times is back again, sharing all things The Adoption Social with you…
Brilliance in Blogging
In the last Adoption Social Times we told you about our shortlisting for a BiB award. Well, even more exciting is that we were further shortlisted to the final 6. And we find out tonight at an awards ceremony (as part of Britmums Live) whether we need to use our surprised happy faces or our (more practised) gracious-in-defeat smiles. We’ll keep you updated, but we’re blown away to have gotten so far, and proud of all of you who contribute to The Adoption Social. The site wouldn’t be what it is without you.
We’re currently on our way to/at Britmums, so if we’re a little quiet – you’ll know why. We’re excited to be attending this top notch blogging conference again and learning new blogging skills, which we’ll pass on to you of course though our ‘Social Media Tips’ section.
Oh we do love our #WASO’ers. You always bring us wonderful posts to read, and it’s really encouraging to see the adoption blogging community growing, and we’re chuffed that a few of our friends from overseas are joining in now too (not forgetting the lovely Grey Street, whose been with us from the start). Still not so sure on how to join in? Then check out our helpful post here.
Forthcoming themes are:
27 June – Forever
11 July – Timekeeping
25 July – Our favourite family place
– An anonymous post on PCOS and it’s symptoms, with a thank you…
– A review on The Secret Life of Babies – did you watch it?
– Help on how to create a custom header for your WordPress blog
– An update from Gareth Marr of his work on local authority support and Pupil Premium Plus
– A problem from a prospective adopter concerned about how adopting will affect her father
– Father’s Day thoughts from a social worker and adoptive parent.
If you have any posts that you’d like to contribute, then please do send them into us at email@example.com. We also love hearing your feedback, so do get in touch.