Our first Meet Me post today comes from blogger, tweeter and campaigner Gareth Marr…
- ‘Sapiens – A Brief History of Mankind’ Yuval Noah Harari. Did you know we lived on the earth with other Home species and probably mated with them!
- ‘A Brief History of Seven Killings’ Marlon James. The Jamaica the tourists don’t know.
- ‘Artie Shaw, King of the Clarinet. His Life and Times’ Tom Nolan. He married 8 times including Lana Turner and Ava Gardner, dated Betty Grable and had Billie Holiday as his singer in an all white band.
It’s all modern New Orleans jazz
- ‘Breathless’ Terence Blanchard
- ‘Say That to This’ Trombone Shorty
- ‘Stretch Music’ Christian Scott
TV Programme – Dr Foster
Food – soft and easy to digest and made by Mrs M
Pastime – Anything with son. This week conkers.
What do you wish you had known before you adopted your children?
That after us, school is the most important thing to get right. ( I think we passed, so far)
Who inspires you?
So many, but this week Louise Bomber who did a brilliant on day conference for local adopters last Friday.
What do you think is your biggest source of support?
My wife and son.
What do you do to take care of yourself?
Breathe, carefully and with concentration. Yoga.
What is the best or most memorable piece of advice you have ever received?
‘If you are lucky enough to be in the club, you gotta pay your dues.’
The lovely Gareth can be found tweeting as @garethmarr and blogging here..